We are a welcoming Christian family where you can experience a connection to God and community. We trust in the entire truth of the Bible and strive to live God’s Word daily. We are growing Disciples, empowered by the Holy Spirit to joyfully serve in ministry by experiencing and sharing Christ’s saving, transforming grace.
Through our study of the Bible, there are a number of convictions we have come to hold dearly. We embrace the Word of God and are convinced that it is the true, complete, and unified witness to God’s redemptive work in time.
From this foundation, we believe…
- In one God, the creator and sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In Jesus Christ, the living God, who became flesh through His virgin birth. He is true God and true man united in one person forever. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and on the third day he rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where he sits at the right hand of the God the Father as our mediator.
- In the Holy Spirit who has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to Jesus as the savior. In dwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service, instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
- That being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and so justifies them in His sight. Only those who are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- That the true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth—personally, visibly, and bodily—to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” – Rev. 22:20
- The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” – Eph. 2:10
Without neglecting our core convictions, we recognize that there may be different interpretations and applications of the teaching of scripture. Because of this, we are committed to Biblical Christianity, Presbyterian Polity, Evangelical outreach, and Reformed Theology while maintaining a culture nurtured in our denomination, the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church…In essentials unity; In non-essentials charity; In all things grace.
Christ Community’s core values reflect our desire to EMPOWER people with God’s grace through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Exalting God through our worship of Him
-Christ-centered Sunday worship services directing people to meet with God
-Biblical preaching and teaching acclaiming the greatness of God
-Nurturing people to put aside their “idols” and worship God continually
Psalm 95:6,7 “Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the flock under His care.”
Ministering to others
-Promoting a ministry mindset among all members
-Encouraging people to minister to their friends & community by being gracious, loving, patient, generous, kind, & considerate
-Encouraging service to others because we love our God & King who also served others
Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.”
Praying steadfastly & eagerly
-Devoted to talking and listening to God
-Reliant upon God for salvation and spiritual growth
-Adoring God publicly and privately
-Expressing our thankfulness for His goodness and mercy in our lives
-Acknowledging our depravity and confessing our sins to Him
Colossians 4:2 “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.”
Obeying God’s Word
-Believing that God reveals Himself in the Bible, God’s inspired Word to man
-Reading, studying and applying the Scriptures to all of life
-Living our lives according to the standards of Scripture
-Relying upon God for salvation and spiritual growth
2 Timothy 3:16 “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.”
Witnessing in word and deed
-Equipping our people to embody Christ and His love at all times
-Training our members to share their faith
-Providing opportunities for people to hear the good news of Jesus Christ and put their faith in Him
-Planning relational events to interact with people who do not have a church home
Matthew 28:19-20 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
Enjoying the fellowship of a Christian Community
-Cultivating relationships within our church community
-Planning activities that encourage relationship building
-Encouraging people to have a Christian accountability partner
-Promoting peace and purity within the church
1 Thessalonians 5:11“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”
-Developing devoted followers of Jesus Christ
-Discipleship and growth in home based bible studies
-Members who spend time with Jesus in personal Bible study and prayer
Philippians 1:21 “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.”
2 Timothy 2:2 “What you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”